How often do you search on the internet to find the answer to a question? For example “should I be a limited company or register as a sole trader” or “how can I create a garden that requires little maintenance” or “which are the best tools to manage my time better on social media” or “is there a cure for hayfever”.
If and when you find an answer to your question in the search results, what is it that you click on and read? Probably a blog right? So are your customers or potential customers not doing the same? Are you being found online when your customers search for the answers to their questions?
Blogging gives you the opportunity to answer your customers’ questions. If you can help someone by giving them the answers to their pain points, or give them valuable tips and advice, or point them in the right direction of people who can help, then they will trust you more as a “go-to” resource.
If you add related links to your articles and a sign-up form or a call-to-action, then they could even turn into an email subscriber or maybe even a client!
The Benefits of Blogging
- If you are a new business and want to improve brand awareness, then Blogging is the way forward. You have more chance of being found online when people search for the answer to their questions if you have answered these in your blog.
- Blogging adds fresh content to your website, which helps with Search Engine Ranking (SEO or being found online) as search engines love fresh content. This, in turn, can boost brand visibility and help you to get targeted traffic to your website.
- Another advantage of Blogging is that it gives your company a human side, which builds trust with your potential prospects. People are more likely to trust what they read in a blog over a sales message as long as you are transparent and offer value.
- Blogging creates extra pages for your website, and the more pages indexed, the higher the overall ranking a website has on search engine result pages.
- Consistently blogging good content can establish you as an expert in your field, as people are always looking for expert advice and answers. And this, in turn, can help you to improve your brand’s credibility.
- Blogs create a content hub of information which you can use to post out to your social media channels. Posting your blog content to social media can help drive traffic back to your blog and website if people then click on those links.
- Blogging gives your company the chance to be the frontrunner of a new topic or trend. Being the first to cover something attracts readers and has the potential to go viral, which can improve your reach and drive new customers.
- Also, another benefit of blogging is that it has an active comment section, which can help boosts customer engagement. Customers can ask you direct comments, which you need to respond to ASAP. This can help you to build a substantial database of loyal customers.
Further reading: The best way to set-up your blog
Some Blogging Statistics
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead generation* than small businesses that do not blog.
- 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
- 92% of companies who blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog.
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not.
- B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those that do not.
- Websites with a blog has 434% more indexed pages, as 77% of internet users read blogs.
- 86% of content marketers make use of blog posts as part of their marketing strategy
- 60% of people purchase a product after originally reading a blog post about it.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links on their website.
*Lead generation is the process of creating enquiries which might convert into a sale.
Tips on Writing Content For Your Blog
- When you are blogging for business purposes, make sure that you speak in your own voice, which will help facilitate easy learning, enabling the users to grasp information quickly. Also, try not to stuff your blog with too many keywords, as keyword stuffing can get your site penalized. Instead, make use of LSI keywords to improve the keyword density of your blog.
- Do away with the technical jargon and write the blog in a way that people can understand. This will help boosts customer engagement, increasing your site’s dwell time and leading to reduce bounce rate.
- Use your blog as a place to educate your readers and answer all of the questions your prospects and clients ask. This helps promote customer loyalty and trust. Also, when users find your blog helpful, they share it with their loved ones and colleagues, which, in turn, helps boost brand visibility.
- Add images to your content to make it engaging. Create long-form content as it has greater SEO value. Also, create infographic posts as their each is good, and they can help you to get a good amount of backlinks through infographic Guest Post outreach.
- Share your content on your business social media handles. This will ensure that your content gets more views and shares.
- Interlink to other content in your blog, so your readers can find out more and stay on your site longer. A well-placed internal linking structure also helps with your SEO campaigns and can help improve your site’s ranking. Simultaneously, don’t forget to link out to other authority and relevant sites.
- Eliminate the marketing message from your content. Your blog needs to be informative and interesting to make an impact. Users can easily see through promotional posts. As such, the #1 tip for business blogging is to be helpful and sales will follow.
- Also, maintain a posting frequency as readers and search engines are always on the lookout for new content.
Further reading: What you can blog about and creating a blogging plan
To sum up;
Content marketing is the driving force that propels all other digital marketing campaigns. Without writing high-quality and relevant content, you wouldn’t be able to engage with your customers effectively. Also, blogging is a cost-effective method for brands who want to increase brand awareness. Most importantly, it can help you to get organic traffic for targeted keywords, which could lead to a higher ROI.
If you don’t have time or the expertise for writing blogs, then you can simply outsource. Thus, now that you know the importance of blogging and got an inkling as to why you need a blog, we suggest that you get started with business blogging today!
We would love to hear from you about what is stopping YOU from blogging – please leave your comments below, and we will then be sure to cover this in our future blogs.