Over the years, digital marketing has changed dramatically. The current market demands that marketers be well-versed in all digital marketing techniques. There are hundreds of new platforms and channels, but to stay competitive & relevant, businesses need to learn how to optimise their website for conversion while learning how to work with influencers and affiliates and create high-quality content.
Today, most customers are online – be it on social media, reading the latest news or searching for products and services they need. With digital marketing, businesses can put their services and products at the forefront of the audience, resulting in higher conversions.
In this blog, we’ll check out what digital marketing is and what digital marketing strategies businesses should use to accelerate their business growth.
A] What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the promotion or advertising of any business, brand, product or service to their target audience through digital mediums on their desktop, mobile and smart TV screens. There are several digital marketing strategies that businesses can use to attract their target audience. We will discuss a few of them shortly.
Digital marketing can also be referred to as promoting and selling products and services by leveraging online marketing tactics like social media marketing, search marketing, or email marketing. However, the very first rule of any marketing is to make the right offer at the right time to the right audience in the right place.
Digital growth for businesses can be achieved by creating a uniform traffic flow to the website. After all:
- More traffic means more readers
- More readers indicate more subscribers
- More subscribers mean more chances of sales
- More sales lead to opening up new doors for businesses.
With these new opportunities, businesses can utilise their time to develop new products and services or improve their software or technology.
B] Different digital marketing strategies
A digital marketing strategy is a plan of action built to reach a specific marketing goal in a focused and achievable manner. Businesses should evaluate their current strengths and determine the missing strategies that can help them accomplish their marketing goals and stay ahead of their competitors.
For any business, an effective digital marketing strategy should have a mixture of the following components:
- Email marketing
- SEO or search engine optimization
- SEM or search engine marketing
- Local search marketing
- PPC or pay-per-click marketing
- Content marketing
- SMM or social media marketing
- Marketing automation
- Influencer marketing
- Video marketing
- Effective website design
- Content marketing
C] How to create a digital marketing strategy?
Today, digital marketing continues to grow in importance. With consumers spending more time online and marketing budgets shifting towards digital, businesses must invest in digital strategies that offer a greater return on investment.
Here’s how businesses can create a solid digital marketing strategy:
- Explore and analyse the results: A solid marketing strategy starts with analysis and assessment. It helps businesses gain a clear idea of their starting point, how they stack up against their competitors and provides a deeper understanding of their customers.
- Map out actionable strategies: By building an actionable strategy based on what they want to achieve and how they want to achieve it, businesses can establish a framework for goals and objectives that align with their vision.
- Build an effective content strategy: Based on the marketing objectives and target audience, businesses should map out a content plan, which will assist them in identifying the main topics or buckets of content that they should focus on.
- Set key performance benchmarks: By establishing clear KPIs, businesses can measure success at each stage. The next step involves setting new benchmarks.
D] How does a digital marketing strategy work?
Implementing a successful digital marketing strategy in a business requires consideration, planning, as well as research. However, it is vital to understand that what works for one company or organisation, may not be the best suitable option for another business. To help establish the best possible digital marketing strategy, it is important for organisations to take into consideration the strategies that work for their businesses:
- SEO: It is a long-term digital marketing strategy that can help increase your brand’s visibility on the search result.
- Content marketing: It is an excellent way to drive organic traffic to your website and boost user engagement. It works alongside SEO.
- Social media is the driver for itself. It is an ideal platform to increase brand awareness and generate targeted leads.
- Email marketing: It is an excellent way to reach out to potential customers, while retaining and keeping the existing customers up-to-date about new products and services.
- Pay per click advertising: It helps drive targeted traffic to your website, leading to higher conversion.
The essence of a digital marketing strategy is:
- Defining the brand’s USP: Determining the unique selling points (USPs) of the business is the first step to creating a digital marketing strategy.
- Understanding customer personas: Building the right customer persona with specific segmentation like demographic, interest, or habits. Understand your target audience personas to deliver better solutions.
- Establishing SMART goals: SMART goals in digital marketing strategy stand for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Each element together helps businesses to create a goal that is well-planned, transparent and trackable.
- Market analysis: By utilizing market research tools including Google Trends and Facebook Audience Insights businesses can analyse their target markets.
- Competitive analysis: To gain an edge over their competitors, businesses can use various tools like SemRush and Aherfs for competitor analysis.
- Incorporating SWOT analysis: SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. By identifying these elements, businesses can develop a better marketing strategy.
- Precise resource allocation: To start any digital marketing campaign, you need to allocate specific resources and budget to it.
- Performing, testing and optimisation: By using different analytics tools businesses can track and measure the effectiveness of their strategies and make further modifications.
A digital marketing strategy is employed to improve brand visibility and increase customer conversions online. The critical components of any digital marketing strategy are likely to differ based on the industries.
For example, if you need quick conversions for a newly launched product, PPC marketing is an ideal choice. Whereas, to improve brand awareness and improve user engagement, you can choose social media marketing.
Businesses need to take the time to learn and understand the different digital marketing tactics to create a campaign or strategy that meets their business requirements.
However, the wonderful thing about digital marketing is that there is no limit to what it can help a business achieve. For businesses to achieve real growth through digital marketing, they need to create and optimise their digital campaigns at regular intervals. This is important as it is only through experimentation that they would know which marketing strategy works best for their business.
If you are searching for digital marketing services online for your business, we can help. We offer the widest range of digital services; from SEO to PPC and social media marketing.
We provide customised solutions based on the client’s business needs and requirements. So, get in touch with us to discuss your marketing goals, and we’ll help you discern the best digital marketing strategy that can help achieve your marketing goals and drive conversions.