Facebook announced major changes yesterday to the design and functionality of its Pages, bringing them closer to individual user profiles in look and functionality.
If you are an administrator of any Pages you should receive an email with a link to PREVIEW the Page in the new style, then you can choose whether to upgrade now or leave until March when the changes go into effect.
We think a great plus is the ability to now log-in and “Act As” your Company and then interact with other brands on THEIR pages, besides just tagging and personally mentioning them.
New Features Include:
- Photo strip above the Wall (with the most recent photos you posted or tagged)
- Tabs now move over to the left panel under profile picture, in the form of a list
- Bio box that was below the profile picture has now moved to the INFO tab
- Pages can LIKE other Pages and comment on them
- Featured Pages and Admins changed
- Page Category is changeable
- Choice for Wall posts between “Everyone” and Page posts only
- Mutual Friends and Interests section
- Ability to interact on Facebook as your Page (Company or Brand)
- Ability for admins to post and comment around the site as their Page (Company or Brand)
- News feed of updates from Liked Pages
- Pages can now feature iFrame tab applications
- Email notifications when users post or comment
Note, very important: You can preview the new layout but once you upgrade, there is no way to revert back to the old design.
Photo Strip take photos from the most recent ones you posted to your Wall and those you tagged, but does not include photos posted by fans. Users can hide undesirable photos. The new left nav placement of tabs also allows for longer tab names.
You also now have the ability to set filters on your Wall so that visitors see relevant posts first, and to view all the content and get notices whenever someone posts to your wall.
For further information CLICK HERE